Leave the door open for the unknown, the door into the dark | Rebecca Solnit, A Field Guide to Getting Lost

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seeing Leon

Hopefully these photos will give you a taste of Leon, Granada's rival city, located three hours north of here. I went there yesterday, stayed the night, and returned today. I loved Leon! It was funky, political, and mellow, at least on the weekend. I found some great colors, some great museums, some amazing food, and some really beautiful wall art. Enjoy!





The following three were taken at the excellent, albeit run-down, Museum of the Revolution.


And on a lighter note, I shall leave you with these lovely ladies, who I found in the market, directly behind the holy cathedral. God bless this nation seeped in Catholicism.


No comments:

Post a Comment