Leave the door open for the unknown, the door into the dark | Rebecca Solnit, A Field Guide to Getting Lost

Friday, September 30, 2011

Reckoning with Grizzlies

Just read this little gem in the NYTimes: "Reckoning with Grizzlies: Sometimes the Bear Gets You' by Timothy Egan. No, it didn't turn out to be something by Jennifer Egan, as I'd hoped when I'd clicked off the Times homepage, but I'm still glad I spent my last free article pass on this clever little morsel.

An excerpt: 

You move forward with reasonable precautions, knowing you can’t control some things, and that everything worth doing involves a calculated risk. The rest is luck of the draw, the bear not getting you.

Fine sentiments indeed, and I bet Paul would appreciate them, too. 


As always, I'm missing you all. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment