Leave the door open for the unknown, the door into the dark | Rebecca Solnit, A Field Guide to Getting Lost

Sunday, August 28, 2011

To my East Coast ones...

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you all, up there in our Bountiful Nation, riding out the storm!! It's big news, even this far south of the border. Dad said the wind is making Pants pace...and our basement is flooded.

BA, on the other hand, had sunshine and humidity today; an omen of summer? I think yes.

Hoping everyone's staying safe and dry. How I miss you...
xx

Addendum: Looks like the damage was incredibly devastating; I'm praying for you all, especially those in upstate New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont who still don't have power. Sending love and hugs; if I were there I'd help clean up. So much history seems to have been lost, and that makes me feel very sad.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2011/08/31/flood_left_little_to_salvage_on_one_vermont_street/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyO18one8fU

No comments:

Post a Comment